12 May 2020
Onyx Graphics, Inc., has announced global availability of ONYX TruFit, the company’s new shape-based nesting software. Using artificial intelligence to search millions of combinations for the most precise nests and media utilisation, ONYX TruFit saves valuable print production time and reduces media usage up to 50%. Designed to work seamlessly across both Windows and Mac OS platforms and with any RIP solution on the market, ONYX TruFit brings speed and simplicity to even the most complex nested layouts.
“Print Service Providers are under increasing pressure to produce more with less, and media usage carries a major cost with every print job,” said Matt Crawford, Director of Product Marketing at Onyx Graphics. “This simple-to-use tool optimises media utilisation up to 50%, saving money on every job while improving output capacity in just seconds.”
ONYX TruFit introduces new intuitive tools to save time, improve existing workflow efficiencies, and maximise media utilisation. Automatic cut-path and tool type recognition creates a seamless workflow from design file to print file; single-click image tracing and double-sided printing drastically reduce file preparation time before submitting jobs to the RIP-Queue, and ONYX hot folders provide fully automated print-and-cut workflows. Coupled with keeping original file properties unchanged for named colours, transparencies and colour management, ONYX TruFit is built for any wide-format print environment.
Highlights of ONYX TruFit include:
• Artificial intelligence engine for optimal shape-based nests, reducing media waste up to 50%
• Real-time media savings data during nest creation
• Single-click image tracing to reduce file preparation time
• Double-sided printing generated instantly for decals, stickers and other print applications
• Automatic cut-path and tool type recognition to work seamlessly from design file to print file
• Multi-page PDF edit capabilities to eliminate excess white space
• Automated workflows using ONYX hot folders
• Unchanged original file properties to maintain consistency between applications
• Output PDFs for any RIP solution available today saving costly software changes
• Open architecture to work cross-platform on Windows or Mac OS Onyx Graphics, Inc. announces global launch of ONYX TruFit software page 2
Free educational webinars In consideration of recent news surrounding international trade shows being postponed, Onyx Graphics is offering free educational webinars to see ONYX TruFit in action. In addition, 30-day trial licenses are being offered free.