Announcing New TR2 Ink Conversion for Roland VG and SG Owners
Roland DG Corporation, a leading manufacturer of wide format inkjet printers and printer cutters, today announced plans for the discontinuation of TR ink for TrueVIS VG and SG Series large format inkjet printers by February 2021* due to its replacement by new and improved TR2 ink.
Roland DG encourages VG and SG owners to switch to new TR2 inks, that offer increased performance and cost savings.**
The ink conversion process must be performed together with firmware and RIP software upgrades that will enable a host of advantages and new features for VG and SG Series owners:
- New TR2 inks perform better in scratch resistance, alcohol resistance, and washability over TR inks.
- The new "True Rich Colour" preset maximises the capabilities of the VG and SG series with new TR2 ink to produce stunning graphics.
- The VG Series with TR2 ink is certified for long-lasting results by the 3MTM MCSTM Warranty, providing shop owners and their clients with assurance of the quality and reliability of their graphics.
- The VG and SG Series with new TR2 ink is also certified by the Avery Dennison ICS Performance Guarantee.
- **Ink consumption is greatly reduced due to an automated maintenance sequence.
- VG and SG Series owners obtain a host of new features to improve Print & Cut accuracy and usability, including crop mark options for more stable cutting performance when cutting laminated printed materials, and a PerfCut mode for printing, cutting and die cutting in one seamless operation.
- The Roland DG Mobile Panel 2 lets you perform control panel functions, including test printing and cleaning from your smartphone or tablet using a Bluetooth connection.
- The VG and SG Series support the latest TU-4 take-up unit (sold separately), enabling various media to be taken up with increased accuracy and stability.
In the unlikely event of a blocked nozzle, the "Nozzle Mask Function" lets users specify which section of the printhead to use, allowing production to continue with minimum impact.
VG and SG Series owners can switch ink and upgrade their devices by downloading the specified firmware and the latest version of VersaWorks 6 software RIP. For more information or to download the firmware and software, go to: www.rolanddg.com.au/trinkconversion.